Ensuring cleanliness and hygiene in the office is important. A clean workspace does not promote health and wellbeing but it also aids in keeping the workplace organized. The employees enjoy working in a clean and healthy environment and the performance is double than usual. But, what are the core tasks of office cleaning? How do you ensure that you meet the professional standards of office cleaning? Well, it is best to engage professional sanitation service, following an office cleaning checklist is also a fool-proof way to ensure top-notch cleaning and sanitation.
- 1. Checklist for cleaning common areas at the office including kitchen and washrooms
- 2. Checklist for cleaning office desks and cubicles
- 3. Checklist for cleaning reception area and waiting for lounge
- 4. Checklist for cleaning outdoor office areas
Maintaining a clean and hygienic office is not a single man job but a team effort. Providing your team with this checklist will ensure that you get the best hygiene and sanitation results.
1. Checklist for cleaning common areas at the office including kitchen and washrooms:
Common areas are the filthiest and riskiest when it comes to contamination spread. To keep common areas like the kitchen and washrooms clean and tidy one must:
- Clean the pantry area and throw all the unwanted food wrappers, expired food items, and more.
- Wash and dry utensils and dishware as soon as possible and stack them once dry.
- Keep separate biodegradable and nonbiodegradable trash.
- Clean refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, and other appliances.
- Clean and maintain commonly used items like a coffee pot, teapot, etc.
- For the washroom, make sure you have all the required supplies.
- Clean and disinfect the toilets and sinks.
- Sweep the floor and mop using a disinfectant liquid.
- Have separate dustbins for different types of wastes.
- Keep toilet paper and tissue paper handy.
2. Checklist for cleaning office desks and cubicles:
For cleaning the areas where the employees sit and work for extended hours you must:
- Clean the computer systems, especially the keyboard.
- Empty the trash can and take the recyclable trash for recycling.
- Vacuum the floors and area under and around it.
- Clean and disinfect things like phones, lamps, keyboards, fax machines, copiers, staplers, and more.
- Pay attention to the windows.
3. Checklist for cleaning reception area and waiting for lounge:
Not only do you impress your guests with a clean reception and waiting for the lounge, but you also make your guests’ interaction with you comfortable. For cleaning the reception area and waiting area, one must:
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of the front desk.
- Clean, vacuum, dust and disinfect the area including the waiting lounge and furniture.
- Keep the trash cans and recycle bins empty.
- Clean and organize magazines and other office literature.
- Clean and disinfect commonly used items including lamps, phones, call buttons and bells, TV screens, and more.
- Maintain the environment welcoming with a warm fragrance.
4. Checklist for cleaning outdoor office areas:
Just like the indoor areas, the outdoor space too needs proper cleaning and sanitation. As the outdoor areas are vast, it is best to engage Sanitization Cleaning Services but if you do not want it, you can DIY the cleaning approach.
- Sweep, clean, and power wash the driveway to ensure top-notch cleaning.
- Dust and organize the doormats.
- Clean the glass windows. It is recommended to engage professional glass cleaners if you have large and heightened windows.
- Clean the packing space.